Friday, August 2, 2019

Book Blogger Hop #95, August 2nd

The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer's permission, I relaunched the meme on February 15, 2013. Check out the hop here

Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

The Question of the week is: Do you own more than one copy of a book? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

Sometimes I end up with an ebook copy and a physical copy, but that's about it. If I have a paperback and a hardcover, it's because I ended up changing between the editions. And then I end up getting rid of it, because I don't need two copies. Yep. What about you guys? Happy reading! 

10 comments:

  1. I do like owning several copies of the same book, but only if it's one of my favorites and the editions are all very beautiful.
    Happy reading!
    Marti @BookishTreats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally understand that! Beautiful covers is a good incentive! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I think when that happens for me is when I try to keep the covers the same and then the publishers change it in the middle of the series. I freaking hate that! I want all my covers to match lol. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it sucks so much when the covers change midway. If there's going to be a cover change, then all of the books should have both themes of covers. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I tend to own mostly collector's editions and books with different covers whenever I get the chance to buy them.

    Here’s my Book Blogger Hop!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louisa, I don’t own more than one copy of any book per se but I do own different formats of the same book. For example, I’ve got the paperback versions of Holly Bell’s Amanda Cadabra Mysteries as well as the Kindle versions. I own the Kindle version of Teresa Gabelman's The Protectors series and also the Audible versions so that I can access my favourite reads wherever I am.

    Having said that, I'm sure the collector in me would also want a favourite book in multiple paperbacks if they changed the cover design. ;-)

    I hope you have a lovely weekend. Here's my BBH Post

    Flora x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's pretty much like me. Different formats I sometimes end up with multiple copies. But if there's a cover redesign, I would only have one copy but have it for the whole series. So I really don't like redesigns because they usually don't make a copy of the first design for the whole series, so I usually end up with the second one, and saying goodbye to the second. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  5. There are a few series I have in which I have paperbacks for the first few books and then hardcovers later on. I sometimes wonder if I should aim for a more consistent format. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Sometimes there comes a tipping point and I switch editions, but I end up with only having one physical copy. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!