Thursday, July 9, 2020

Becca's BookoplAthon 48 Hour Round Sign Up

So I'm signing up for Becca's BookoplAthon, of the 48 Hour Round, taking place July 11th-12th, and you can find the twitter with information here. I'm not going to be doing it at the same time, though, I'm going to be using my midnight start and stop, because I'm around half a day behind England's time, so I didn't want to start that early.Changed my mind, I'm going to participate alongside, so I'll start around 5 pm ish.

So we've only gotten 2 prompts, and I don't know how much I'm going to read, but here's what I've got if I have time for both of the prompts.

Paranormal/Magical Realism: I Come With Knives by S.A. Hunt Dark Song by Christine Feehan Burn the Dark by S.A. Hunt-I just got my copy, so I'm going to be reading it!
Chance Card: I did a poll on twitter, and here's the results:
So The Pale Dreamer by Samantha Shannon. I'll either try to fit The Bone Season with another prompt and read them back to back, or I'll read this book at the end and then read The Bone Season separately. Whichever!

We don't have the prompts for the other 3 sections, but we'll get them every half day. Can't wait to start reading! What about you guys? Happy reading!

I'm just going to add each prompt as we get them here, so they're all together!

Representation/Reader Recommendation: I picked 4 books that had representation to them, and did a poll on twitter as to what I should read next, doubling up these prompts. Here's the results:
So On The Come Up by Angie Thomas. Depending on how the prompts go, I might actually split it up and have Representation be Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa. Because I want to read it, it's all ready to go on my post where it fills another prompt, so I'd love to read it! Also, I know I spelled of wrong in the title, because I was in a hurry. Opps. And if you look below, you see I managed to get Deathless Divide on this TBR, so yeah!

Mystery/Thriller: The Persuasion by Iris Johansen. I love her books, and this book was a Wheel of TBR pick, from the first round, so I'm glad to pick it up!

Gifted Book: Deathless Divide by Justina Ireland. I haven't been gifted a book in years, the family doesn't want to support my book collection. So I bent it a bit to be an ARC that I received, and I went with Deathless Divide because it works for a another reading challenge, as well as a Wheel of TBR pick!

Young Adult Fantasy: Blood & Honey by Shelby Malhurin. The top two shelves this is on Goodreads are Fantasy and YA, so it fits! And I need to get it read before it publishes!

Contemporary/Romance: Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe by Melissa de la Cruz. Another Wheel of TBR pick that has been sitting for far too long! Must read it!

Well, I'm not going to read all of these. I have 2 500 pages books that I haven't read yet. Pride is going to be a short read, as well as The Pale Dreamer. But I'm probably not going to get around to Shadow of the Fox today. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!