Saturday, July 11, 2020

Week 28 Review: Burn the Dark

From Goodreads: 
Supernatural meets Stranger Things in award-winning author S. A. Hunt's Burn the Dark, first in the Malus Domestica horror action-adventure series about a punk YouTuber on a mission to bring down witches, one vid at a time.

Robin is a YouTube celebrity gone-viral with her intensely-realistic witch hunter series. But even her millions of followers don't know the truth: her series isn’t fiction.

Her ultimate goal is to seek revenge against the coven of witches who wronged her mother long ago. Returning home to the rural town of Blackfield, Robin meets friends new and old on her quest for justice. But then, a mysterious threat known as the Red Lord interferes with her plans….

My Review:
This book was really fantastic! I loved this world, as we learned more about witches, and Robin's past, I loved learning all that, and anticipating the show down that was going to happen! Plus the complications that Robin faces!

Just the idea of taking society's expectations-that her Youtube channel was like the Blair Witch Project, that it's scripted fiction, and turning on it's head, that it's actually real, that's such a fascinating concept! It was so interesting to read!

It wasn't what I expected though. I kinda thought we'd only be in Robin's perspective, but we were also in Wayne's, a kid who just moved into Robin's old house. And a few more one offs, like Cutty. Yeah, that was pretty creepy!

I really enjoyed the interactions that Robin had. She did grow up in this town, so she knows some of the people, but there's a few new faces like Kenway. And she needed them, given what she faced! That ending, though! So enjoyable and great to read!

I enjoyed this book a lot, and I can't wait to read more of this series

Author: S.A. Hunt
Series: Malus Domestica #1
Read: July 10th, 2020
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Tor Books
Published: July 20th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!