Saturday, July 11, 2020

Week 28 Review: My Calamity Jane

From Goodreads:
Welcome ​to 1876 and a rootin'-tootin' America bursting with gunslingers, outlaws, and garou.

JANE (a genuine hero-eene)


Calamity's her name, and garou hunting's her game—when she's not starring in Wild Bill's Traveling Show, that is. She reckons that if a girl wants to be a legend, she should just go ahead and be one.


FRANK (*wolf whistle*)

Frank "the Pistol Prince" Butler is the Wild West's #1 bachelor. He's also the best sharpshooter on both sides of the Mississippi, but he's about to meet his match. . . .

ANNIE (get your gun!)

Annie Oakley (yep, that Annie) is lookin' for a job, not a romance, but she can't deny there's something about Frank she likes. Really likes. Still, she's pretty sure that anything he can do,
she can do better.

A HAIRY SITUATION

After a garou hunt goes south and Jane finds a suspicious-like bite on her arm, she turns tail for Deadwood, where there's been talk of a garou cure. But things ain't always what they seem—meaning the gang better hightail it after her before they're a day late and a Jane short.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! It was hilarious of course, I loved the notes from the narrators, also known as the authors, and getting to know these characters was so great! There were so many secrets, and it was so awesome to read!

This world of werewolves, and the setting of the Wild West was such an interesting combination! That we get to meet these characters, who are all competent shoots or whip wielders. I loved watching their adventures, the hurt feelings and misunderstandings!

Sometimes it's hilarious that this world has little mentions of phrases or situations that are fairly recent to the here and now. Just a little bit of poking at the present, which does have some poke-able qualities!

Wow, those reveals! Like, I kinda thought something was up near the end, but I wasn't sure, and then it was happening, and I'm so glad that it did! If it didn't, that would've been sad. So glad that it turned out that way, it was a big part of why there was a happy ending!

This was a great end to an unconventional series (that each book had a different world, but that they all starred girls named Jane) and I can't wait for the Mary series!

Authors: Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows
Series: My Lady Jane #3
Read: July 8th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: I love their writing and this series, and it's a 2020 Retelling Reading Challenge, End of Series 2020 Book, Historical Fiction 2020 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: June 2nd 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!