Saturday, September 5, 2020

Week 36 Reviews: The Eleventh Metal, The Final Empire


From Goodreads:
"This story was written specifically for the Mistborn Adventure Game, a tabletop RPG. Please keep in mind that the story was intended to help a GM bring his players up to speed on the world if they haven't read the books. There are a few goodies for those who want to know more about Kelsier, but this story is not meant to stand wholly on its own."

From Goodreads:
Where ash falls from the sky, and mist dominates the night, evil cloaks the land and stifles all life. Criminal mastermind Kelsier teaches Allomancy, the magic of metals, to another Mistborn, urchin Vin 16. The unlikely heroine is distracted by rich Venture heir Elend. Can Kelsier's thieving crew take on the tyrant Lord Ruler and bring back colour to their world?

My Review:
Wow, I loved reading these stories! I love his writing, and I was so excited to dive more into the Cosmere, to learn more about it, and to meet these charters of this series, because there's a lot of hype for this, and for the Stormlight Archives, which I'm going to read, though in Cosmere order, so a few books still between me and The Way of Kings!

The short story is a great introduction to this world, though it can be read after, though ti does take place about 2-3 years before the start of this book. The only spoiler that I'd say, right now, is if you read the  Arcanum Unbounded collection, because the afterward has a bit of a spoiler,

I loved The Final Empire, it's a bit of a heist story, but it's also a revolution, in a fantasy world. I loved getting to know these characters, really Vin, to watch her go on this journey, because she was very mistrustful and closed in, but she bloomed in this book, and it was so fantastic, and I can't wait to see more of her in the future books! Though it is sad, knowing that in Mistborn Era 2, that she, and the rest of the gang, will have died since it's 300 years in the future. So I'm trying not to think about it!

I mean, the whole idea was to take down the Final Empire, and the Lord Ruler. We also had this epigraphs at the beginning of each chapter that I wasn't sure who was narrating them. And this all plays together in that ending, because this is only the first book, there's so much more to come, and I can't wait to read it!

Such fantastic reads, and I need to read the rest of this series!

Author: Bandon Sanderson
Series: Mistborn #0.5, 1, Misborn: Era One #0.5, 1, The Cosmere
Read: September 1st, 2nd, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike, Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Books!
Publisher: Crafty Game, Tor
Published: April 11th 2012, June 17th 2006

The Eleventh Metal:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









The Final Empire:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!