Saturday, September 12, 2020

Week 37 Review: The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide

From Goodreads:
Fans of the #1 New York Times bestselling Twilight Saga will treasure this definitive official guide!

This must-have hardcover edition-the only official guide-is the definitive encyclopedic reference to the Twilight Saga and provides readers with everything they need to further explore the unforgettable world Stephenie Meyer created in Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, and The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner.

This comprehensive handbook-essential for every Twilight Saga fan-is full-color throughout with nearly 100 gorgeous illustrations and photographs and with exclusive new material, character profiles, genealogical charts, maps, extensive cross-references, and much more. 

My Review:
This was a really great read! A full book of supplementary material about this series and this world was really great to read! And after just reading the full series, it was great to have all this extra information, that just deepens the world!

There was an interview with Stephenie Meyer, about this series, and there were a few tidbits in it that were pretty interesting to read, about bits that I'd wondered about myself. I'm really glad that it was a part of this book, and it sounded like the two of them had a lot of fun in the process.

I think my favourite bit was the werewolf family trees. Because they are pretty interwoven. Jacob's great-grandmother was a Young, which might make him distantly related to Emily, Sam's wife. A great-grandmother who was married to Ephraim, who was the leader when the Cullens first came. But also, Leah and Seth are descended from all 3 members of the pack at that time, Ephraim, Levi, and Quil II. 

I did also enjoy getting the history of a lot of these characters. We knew bits and pieces of it, but here it was, chronologically all in one place, per character. Like we got Alice's story, which was pretty heartbreaking, about what happened her to her and her family. And there's one particularly funny character history, of Lauren, one of Bella's classmates, which was just hilarious and so deserving! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I'm glad that I did! 

Author: Stephenie Meyer
Series: Twilight
Read: September 10th, 2020
Source: Borrowed
Reason Why: Love this series, and I had a chance to read it! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: April 12th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!