Saturday, November 28, 2020

Week 48 Review: Lie to Me

From Goodreads:
They built a life on lies 

Sutton and Ethan Montclair's idyllic life is not as it appears. The couple seems made for each other, but the truth is ugly. Consumed by professional and personal betrayals and financial woes, the two both love and hate each other. As tensions mount, Sutton disappears, leaving behind a note saying not to look for her.

Ethan finds himself the target of vicious gossip as friends, family and the media speculate on what really happened to Sutton Montclair. As the police investigate, the lies the couple have been spinning for years quickly unravel. Is Ethan a killer? Is he being set up? Did Sutton hate him enough to kill the child she never wanted and then herself? The path to the answers is full of twists that will leave the reader breathless.

My Review:
I loved reading this book. I love J.T. Ellison's writing, and this mystery was just so fantastic. With the beginning, the bit about not liking the current narrator and the dead body, well, I just had to know where things would go from there!

The fact that Sutton left without her wallet was a bit suspicious. The question was if she was doing a Gone Girl kind of thing, or if Ethan killed her. And a vague notion that maybe it was innocent, and something went wrong. But I just had to know what happened! In the now with Sutton's disappearance, and in the past, with their son.

All and all, Ethan and Sutton weren't the most likable characters, this is a mystery thriller, and they're human, and they definitely had flaws. It was just a matter of if any of those flaws made them a criminal. But when we had that climax and things came together, well, I really enjoyed how it turned out! 

But that last scene? Oh, man, secrets and mysteries right up until the very last page! That last twist was exquisite, and just really elevated this book! I mean, to keep that secret, even when lives were at stake-I mean, to a mentally unstable person, but still-took guts!

Loved reading this book, it was just such a fantastic read! 

Author: J.T. Ellison
Read: November 23rd, 2020
Source: Bought/NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing so much! And it's a SAC 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Mira Books
Published: September 5th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!