Saturday, October 16, 2021

Week 41 Review: Not Even For a Duke

From Goodreads:
Finishing school brought four young wallflowers together. The perils of London's marriage market inspired a pact to protect each other for a lifetime...

Survivor of a hellish marriage, Aurora Sherborne, Dowager Countess of Radcliff, is determined to never be taken in by love. With the other Wallflowers married and starting families, her West Lane residence is empty and lonely. What's missing is a child of her own, to raise and make her house a home. Intent on marrying only to have children, Aurora wants nothing to do with romantic attachments.

The newly minted Duke of Cowin, Garrett Winslow, has known Aurora all her life, and loved her nearly as long. Recently returned from his travels abroad, he's certain the infatuation was left in the past, but upon seeing the now-widowed Aurora, those feelings come rushing back.

Maddeningly, Aurora regards him as nothing more than her brother's best friend. Determined to make her his, Garrett will use every tender weapon to seduce her—and prove she's worthy of true love.

My Review:
Oh, this book! I wasn't sure if Aurora was going to get a story, given how her first marriage went. But we did, and I loved her and Garrett together, she definitely deserved happiness, and I'm so glad that she got it! I really enjoyed her and Garrett's story! 

I don't know if this is the end of the series or not. I mean, all 4 Wallflowers have had books, and I doubt that they'd get another story. There's maybe another couple, of honorary Wallflowers, who could get a story, but I'm not sure...

I've really fallen in love with these characters. Aurora has been great from the beginning, the one who opened up her home to the other Wallflowers. But she was married, to an abusive man. Which had her avoiding members of the opposite gender.

And the there's Garrett. If I remember correctly, he was only in the previous book, but it was pretty clear that he had feelings for Aurora. I was rooting for them, because she deserved a good and happy marriage like her friends. And I loved watching her get it! 

I had a really great time reading this book, and I can't wait to see what A.S. Fenichel writes next! 

Author: A.S Fenichel
Series: The Wallflowers of West Lane #4
Read: October 9th, 2021
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Historical Fiction 2021 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: A.S. Fenichel
Published: September 14th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!