Saturday, February 4, 2023

Week 5 Review: If the Shoe Fits

From Goodreads:
After having just graduated with a degree in shoe design, and trying to get her feet on the ground, Cindy is working for her stepmother, who happens to be the executive producer of America's favorite reality show, Before Midnight. When a spot on the show needs filling ASAP, Cindy volunteers, hoping it might help jump-start her fashion career, or at least give her something to do while her peers land jobs in the world of high fashion.

Turns out being the only plus size woman on a reality dating competition makes a splash, and soon Cindy becomes a body positivity icon for women everywhere. What she doesn't expect? That she may just find inspiration—and love—in the process. Ultimately, Cindy learns that if the shoe doesn't fit, maybe it's time to design your own.

My Review:
This was such a fun read! I love the representation, Julie Murphy always does really great plus size representation. That she gets put on this reality dating competition was really interesting, though a bit scary, since the public can be really cruel!

I'm really excited about this series, that it's a series of disney tales retellings, of the situations that the characters are in, but make them contemporary romances. This one is Cinderella, then we have Beauty and the Beast, and then The Little Mermaid. All of my favourite tales! I'm so excited! 

Cindy was a lot of fun to read about! That she brings some body positivity to a dating show similar to the Bachelor, which I've never watched, but most likely has never happened in real life, was so freaking great! So it was really great to watch her fall in love, her and Henry were so cute! 

The modern day part of this retelling was really great with the show and all. But I loved the fact that Cindy has a good relationship with her step family, they're not awful. Sure, her step mom didn't want Cindy on her how, but she was worried about how they'd react to her being plus sized. They were a supportive and loving family, and I loved reading it! That the mice were her triplet siblings, that was just adorable! 

I had such a great time reading this book, and I can't wait to see what the series does next! 

Author: Julie Murphy
Series: Meant to Be #1
Read: February 2nd, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Published: August 3rd 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!