Saturday, February 4, 2023

Week 5 Review: Wolfsbane

From Goodreads:
The exciting follow-up to New York Times #1 best-selling author Patricia Briggs' Masques features the further adventures of the shapeshifting mercenary Aralorn.

Aralorn's dangerous existence has taken her far from her aristocratic roots and kept her from her homeland for more than a decade. Now, she must return home to mourn the death of her father, the Lyon of Lambshold. But when Aralorn and her companion Wolf arrive, they discover that home is gone forever and they must take on an old enemy more sinister than they ever could have imagined.

My Review:
I of course loved reading this book! If I'd known, I would've binged all 4 books, because they were so excellent and compelling, but I didn't know. Getting into this world of Sianim was incredible, I loved the characters, and I couldn't get enough! 

I think in the future, I'll read Masques and this one, then Steal the Dragon and When Demons Walk. Because this takes place a few months after Masques, and Steal the Dragon takes years after, and When Demons walk takes place after Steal the Dragon. 

The mystery of what had happened to her dad, what threat they were facing, yeah, this was personal. I'm glad that he wasn't really dead, but there was the clock that they were racing against. And oh, their romance was at just the perfect balance with everything else that was going on in the story! 

Honestly, I am a little bit sad. The gods are rising, and the East and the West are not on good terms, and there was that brief mention of the Dreamer. But there aren't any more books in this world that I'm aware of, and given that it's been over a decade, it's unlikely that there will be more. Which is too bad, because I desperately want more! 

This was an incredible read, and I only have 2 more books before I've caught up with Patricia Brigg's published books, yeah! 

Author: Patricia Briggs 
Series: Aralorn #2, Sianim #4
Read: January 28th, 2023
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love her writing and this world, and it's a End of Series 2023 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Ace
Published: November 2nd 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!