Saturday, June 25, 2011

Week 25 Review: Die for Me

From Goodreads:
In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

In this incandescent debut, newcomer Amy Plum has created a powerful paranormal mythology with immortal revenants. The Paris setting comes enchantingly alive as a relentless struggle between good and evil takes place in its streets. Rich with romance, atmosphere, and thrills, Die for Me will leave readers breathlessly awaiting its sequel.
 
My Review:
I truly enjoyed this book! It was pure awesomeness! I read it in about 2 hours, from 10 to 12 am, so I was tired, but what is sleep when you're reading (like on Monday) and besides, it's summer, and the summer holidays, so I deserve some time off! (And I'll stick to that, don't tell my parents!)

Paris was a unique setting for a book, despite it being quite popular, I'd only read 1 other book set in Paris before this, a Christine Feehan novel, so it was fun to read a book set in Paris from a teen's perspective. It was a new and exciting, and I quite enjoyed myself. I loved how Kate was into art and museums, it was nice to see all the history.

And then there was Vincent. Vincent isn't like other boy's and girls, he's a lot like a zombie, but not rotting, not mindless, and not wanting to eat people. He's just a corpse that's not so corpse-y. I loved Kate and Vincent's relationship, it was just something that was supposed to happen, and I read it very quickly.

Some things that I want/expect/still have questions about are that how Papy reacted to the name "Numa" and how strong Kate was when Vincent was volant, and was fighting the bad guy. I think they're linked, and I think Papy knows more then Kat would expect him too...I can't wait to read the next book in the series!

This was a great book, so if you can, check it out!

Author: Amy Plum
Series: Die For Me #1
Read: June 22nd, 2011
Source: Won
Reason Why: Sounded really, really great!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: May 10th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!