Saturday, June 25, 2011

Week 25 Review: The Pearl Savage

From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year old Clara Williamson, reluctant princess and daughter to Queen Ada, lover or wine...who exchanges Clara's liberty for free trade of grapes with another sphere...

Bracus, who as a protector of the Band, must save his clan's people from extinction Outside...

Charles, Clara's long-time companion, keeps his love for her tightly veiled...

Prince Frederic, her sadistic betrothed...bent on having her, and she, escaping his grasp...

Suddenly, with both the clan and sphere peoples' destiny in her hands, Clara finds herself torn between love and duty...
 
My Review:
I loved this book, and I got it the author, so thanks, Tamara!
 
Clara was a great character, she endured pain and suffering that she shouldn't have had to endure, but she did because she was her people's princess, and she was going to keep the kingdom the way her Dad, the King of their sphere, had left it, and wanted it to be, with morals, principals, like being with the people, saying thanks to the people. Things that showed that she cared about the people-because she did.
 
I loved all the conflict, and all the relationships, it was complicated, messy, and emotional, and it was pure greatness! At first I wanted her to be with 1 of the Band, then as the story progressed, I wanted her to be with another of the Band, and the original Band to be with a girl when she grew up. Not going to say names so I don't spoil anything.
 
This was a very great book, and I hated The Queen, as she refers to Ada, and the evil little abuser, Prince Frederic. Clara was between a rock and a hard place, and somehow, she got out between the 2, and into the soft pillow that was the Outside.
 
All in all, a book you guys should really check out! It's just something that you need to read!

Author: Tamara Rose Blodgett
Series: Savage #1
Read: June 22nd, 2011
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Sounded really great!
Published: June 14th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!