Saturday, June 21, 2014

Week 25 Review: Article 5

From Goodreads:
New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., have been abandoned.

The Bill of Rights has been revoked, and replaced with the Moral Statutes.

There are no more police—instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior—instead, there are arrests, trials, and maybe worse. People who get arrested usually don't come back.

Seventeen-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren't always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it's hard for her to forget that people weren't always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. It's hard to forget that life in the United States used to be different.

Ember has perfected the art of keeping a low profile. She knows how to get the things she needs, like food stamps and hand-me-down clothes, and how to pass the random home inspections by the military. Her life is as close to peaceful as circumstances allow.

That is, until her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings—the only boy Ember has ever loved.

My first review of Article 5
My Review:
I really enjoyed rereading this book! It really made my blood pump, like all injustices, because of what they are, and how unfair they are, and I just imagine how the characters could make them fair, like what Ember could do to that lady that whiped her hands.

Or the couple that tried to turn them over to the SS even after they saved their son's life. That was just horrible, that they were trying to make money on them! That just shows how badly that world's got, and how we should be glad that it isn't that bad!

I felt really bad for Ember, I knew that it was coming, but then when it came, well, she just broke to pieces, to the point where she was captured, to be taken to the death that her mom got, and then only after a while did she come out of that fog.

I also felt sorry for Chase, he didn't ask for this, and he was forced into it, and yeah, if he could do it over, he would, but you can't change the past. Plus, he had it hard, that they wanted him the more he fought. Though I wonder why he told that story as if he was the one to want to advance, but someone that didn't want it was getting it because they were such an independent spirit, when it was him. It just didn't make sense for him to tell the story at all.

All in all, I really enjoyed this book, and I can't wait to read more of this series!

Author: Kristen Simmons
Series: Article 5 #1
First Read: July 13th, 2012
Read: June 20th, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book and a 2014 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Tor Teen
Published: January 31st 2012
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!