Saturday, July 2, 2022

Week 26 Review: The Unbound Empire

From Goodreads:
While winter snows keep the Witch Lord Ruven's invading armies at bay, Lady Amalia Cornaro and the fire warlock Zaira attempt to change the fate of mages in the Raverran Empire forever, earning the enmity of those in power who will do anything to keep all magic under tight imperial control. But in the season of the Serene City's great masquerade, Ruven executes a devastating surprise strike at the heart of the Empire - and at everything Amalia holds most dear.

My Review:
Oh man, I loved reading this book! I've really enjoyed this series, it's just so fascinating, I love the high stakes politics, and oh, was this a fantastic end to the trilogy! I love Amalia and watching with her dealing with her role as the Cornaro heir! 

This book is very quick with kicking off the action with Ruven's plot. And oh, what a blow did he hit. That was pretty devastating, and caused a lot of change, very quickly, and it was pretty intense, and I loved it, even if it wasn't great for the characters! 

The stakes are really high in this one, this is the final show off against Ruven since it's the end of the series. And there's a lot of difficult decisions to be made, and there were quite a few emotional scenes, as well! And oh, was the tension there, I just couldn't put it down! 

I really enjoyed how everything wrapped up in this book, things aren't perfect, but they're satisfying. And that battle was amazing, I loved how it worked out, though there was that one point that hurt. It was a really fabulous ending! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to go back to the Rooks and Ruin series! 

Author: Melissa Caruso  
Series: Swords and Fire #3
Read: June 29th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a End of Series 2022 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Orbit
Published: March 1st 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!