Saturday, April 7, 2012

Week 14 Review: As the Crow Dies

From Goodreads:
Vietnam took his legs. A murderer took his father. Somehow, Jason Crow has to take a stand.

Jason Crow comes home to Texas on clumsy, prosthetic legs, struggling with his lost dreams and the pitying curiosity of friends and strangers. But there's no time for him to brood, because his father has just been shot to death.

Unable to convince the police that his father was murdered, Jason begins his own investigation. In the process he uncovers family secrets that shake him to his core and make him question everyone and everything around him, including the love of Michiko, the beautiful Eurasian-American nurse he met in Japan.

While fighting his own insecurity as a double amputee, Jason must challenge forces capable of destroying him and those he loves to pursue the person who robbed him of his greatest hero: His dad.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book! I wasn't sure if I would, because it does say that it's a a "Jason Crow" West Texas Mystery, and I'm not sure if this is the first book or not, so there could be story that I was missing out or not, so yeah, there was that!

So this is a story of a guy dealing with multiple losses-his legs during the war, and his Dad at home, to murder. Not fun at all! But Jason deals pretty well with them! Especially since he can investigate his dad's murder, and find the culprit!

Him doing so was a really awesome mystery! The clues just came together in the end, and that was really awesome! I enjoyed that a lot! And with the mystery, and the romance, and all the conflicts that he was facing, all combined, made for some really great story!

Yeah, this was a pretty great book and I enjoyed it a lot!

Author: Ken Casper
Read: April 6th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded interesting!
Published: May 10th 2011
3/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!