Saturday, April 7, 2012

Week 14 Review: Drink, Slay, Love

From Goodreads:
Pearl is a sixteen-year-old vampire... fond of blood, allergic to sunlight, and mostly evil... until the night a sparkly unicorn stabs her through the heart with his horn. Oops. 

Her family thinks she was attacked by a vampire hunter (because, obviously, unicorns don't exist), and they're shocked she survived. They're even more shocked when Pearl discovers she can now withstand the sun. But they quickly find a way to make use of her new talent. The Vampire King of New England has chosen Pearl's family to host his feast. If Pearl enrolls in high school, she can make lots of human friends and lure them to the King's feast -- as the entrees. 

The only problem? Pearl's starting to feel the twinges of a conscience. How can she serve up her new friends—especially the cute guy who makes her fangs ache—to be slaughtered? Then again, she's definitely dead if she lets down her family. What's a sunlight-loving vamp to do?

My Review:
This is my first Sarah Beth Durst book. But it won't be my last! It was just so freaking good! Such great characters, great plots, great writing, and great everything! I just loved every page! And so funny, too, which I guess I should've gotten from the title, but yeah!

Just to have a young vampire got to school? For the first time? And school, as in High School? The idea is just slightly hilarious, though it's happened before in the Intertwined series by Gena Showalter. I just loved that, and the conflict it caused there for her!

That the unicorns are there, and alive, and real? That twist and everything with that, was really awesome! Looking back, I could see hints with the whole twist, or bits and pieces, starting with the whole being stabbed with the unicorn horn, but the whole twist, just, wow!

Yeah, I really loved this book, and I can't wait to read more books by Sarah Beth Durst! And I'd really love a sequel for this book!

Author: Sarah Beth Durst
Read: April 3rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded really good, and it's a Reward Challenge Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: September 13th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!