Saturday, November 12, 2022

Week 45 Review: Trail of Lightning

From Goodreads:
While most of the world has drowned beneath the sudden rising waters of a climate apocalypse, Dinétah (formerly the Navajo reservation) has been reborn. The gods and heroes of legend walk the land, but so do monsters.

Maggie Hoskie is a Dinétah monster hunter, a supernaturally gifted killer. When a small town needs help finding a missing girl, Maggie is their last best hope. But what Maggie uncovers about the monster is much more terrifying than anything she could imagine.

Maggie reluctantly enlists the aid of Kai Arviso, an unconventional medicine man, and together they travel the rez, unraveling clues from ancient legends, trading favors with tricksters, and battling dark witchcraft in a patchwork world of deteriorating technology.

As Maggie discovers the truth behind the killings, she will have to confront her past if she wants to survive.

Welcome to the Sixth World.

My Review:
Oh man, this book! I loved this world, where the apocalypse happened, so that we are now in the 6th world! It was such a fantastic read, I loved these characters and watching them go on this adventure, and learn about this world!

Maggie is a monster hunter, and was trained by the best, and then abandoned, and there's some bad feelings there. But now with a monster that leads to something bigger, she has to step up to the plate. But oh, she's not happy about it! 

That ending? That was evil, but thank goodness that I have the synopsis of book 2, so I know things are going to work out. But everything that went down, that was just crazy! The seeds where there, but it went a totally different direction then I though! 

My one complaint is that this series seems to be left incomplete, that there was another book or two planned, but that they're unlikely to happen now. And that sucks, because it was really entertaining, and I can't imagine the places it could've went! 

This was a really great read, and I can't wait to continue on! 

Author: Rebecca Roanhorse
Series: The Sixth World #1
Read: November 7th, 2022
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a 2022 Dystopia Book, DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: Saga Press
Published: June 26th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!