Saturday, July 1, 2023

Week 26 Review: Transmogrify!

From Goodreads:
Perfect for fans of All Out and Cemetery Boys, this anthology claims a seat at the table of fantasy literature for trans and gender nonconforming stories.

Transness is as varied and colorful as magic can be. In Transmogrify!, you'll embark on fourteen different adventures alongside unforgettable characters who embody many different genders and expressions and experiences—because magic is for everyone, and that is cause for celebration.

My Review:
I had a fantastic time reading this anthology! This collection of trans and gender nonconforming stories was such a great concept, and I really enjoyed all of these stories! I hadn't read from most of these authors before, so it was so great to check them out! 

I will say that the lack of trans women authors, and minimal characters, was a bit sad, espcailly with the way the editor of this collection reacted to that criticism wasn't great. But these stories were really great, and deserved to be told, and read. I just wish that there could've just been that extra bit of representation, because people are vast.

I was really looking forward to AR Capetta and Cory McCarthy's story, I've really enjoyed their books together and yeah, it was such a cute story, I loved who the narrator was, and watching these two kids taking care of a dragon egg-a fantasy school project version of either the flour bags or mechanical baby dolls. Loved reading it! 

Saundra Mitchell's story was another I was excited to read, and it was so cute, with a magic school but they got kicked out of it, and finding their place. It was such a cute read, I loved these characters, and watching it unfold!  

Loved reading these stories, they were all so great to read!

Authors: AR Capetta and Cory McCarthy, g. haron davis, Mason Deaver, Jonathan Lenore Kastin, Emery Lee, Saundra Mitchell, Cam Montgomery, Ash Nouveau, Sonora Reyes, Renee Reynolds, Dove Salvatierra, Ayida Shonibar, Francesca Tacchi, Nik Traxler 
Read: June 25th, 2023
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: May 16th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!