Saturday, September 7, 2024

Week 36 Review: Crave

From Goodreads:
My whole world changed when I stepped inside the academy. Nothing is right about this place or the other students in it. Here I am, a mere mortal among gods…or monsters. I still can't decide which of these warring factions I belong to, if I belong at all. I only know the one thing that unites them is their hatred of me.

Then there's Jaxon Vega. A vampire with deadly secrets who hasn't felt anything for a hundred years. But there's something about him that calls to me, something broken in him that somehow fits with what's broken in me.

Which could spell death for us all.

Because Jaxon walled himself off for a reason. And now someone wants to wake a sleeping monster, and I'm wondering if I was brought here intentionally—as the bait.

My Review:
I had such a great time reading this book! I didn't know going in that Tracy Wolff has previously published under Tracy Deebs, but that's great, I loved her books under that name and I had a pretty great time reading this one!

This world of vampires, dragons and more, was so fantastic to read! Since Grace knew nothing about it until she came to this school, which is a great vehicle to introduce that information to readers. And when you add characters like Jaxon, yeah, it was wildly entertaining to read!

One thing that got on my nerves is the WFT and hot AF things. Like, in my mind, that should only be used in texting, not in thoughts and speech. Maybe it's a generational thing, but it was pretty annoying. Though I heard it gets better as the series progresses, which is good! 

The fact that the book had the climax, and then had time afterwards, time for recovery, and then has a shocking ending, I loved that! It had me so excited for the sequel, and I need to know what's going to happen next! I'm so pumped to read more! 

I had a blast reading this book and I can't wait to continue on with the series!

Author: Tracy Wolff
Series: Crave #1
Read: September 5th, 2024
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded pretty good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2024 Book! 
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Published: April 7th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!