Saturday, March 13, 2021

Week 10 Review: Last Strand

From Goodreads:
Every bloody thread has been leading to this . . .

I’ve battled a lot of bad guys in my time, both as Gin Blanco and as the notorious assassin the Spider. But I've never faced off against anyone quite as powerful and deadly as the dastardly leader of the Circle secret society.

Just when I finally have a lead on how I can defeat the evil group once and for all, new information comes to light that throws me for a loop. Suddenly, everyone and everything I love is in imminent peril of being destroyed, and I'm racing against the clock to figure out a way to save my friends.

The stakes couldn't be higher, and the danger has never been greater. Somehow, I need to weave one last strand in my web of death—and kill my enemies before they kill me . . . 

My Review:
I had a great time reading this book! It was such a great conclusion to the Mason/Circle story (though it's not the end of the series, there will be more stories, some starring other characters for a while, but we will get more Gin Blanco-led stories sometime in the future) and I loved it!

This book centers around two pieces-the stolen treasure, and Mason's plan, and how they intertwine. And there's a lot of pressure, Mason's plan is pretty expansive, and the thought of facing that, having that be the future was just a little bit terrifying.

There's some really great emotional moments, from a lot of the characters. And there's a potential romance that I hope works out, because the feelings are there, it's just a matter of dealing with any reservations. So I'm hopeful, and maybe their story could be one of the ones we get while Jennifer Estep's publishing schedule is too hectic for a Gin Blanco story!

But that ending? Gin-and Fletcher, who set it up-were just so clever, and these strategies of working smarter, not harder, is a big reason why I love Jennifer Estep's writing, because the characters are so creative, and I just love it! And it wrapped up so beautifully, I'm glad for the places that the characters were at the end of this book! 

This was a fantastic place in the series for Gin to take a break, and I can't wait for more in this series! 

Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Elemental Assassin #19
Read: March 9th, 2021
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Jennifer Estep 
Expected Publication: March 16th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!