Saturday, March 20, 2021

Week 11 Reviews: Vulcans Are Hot, Lola and the Boy Next Door


Anna and The French Kiss bonus scene.

This scene takes place after the novel ends, but before Anna and Étienne graduate.

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn't believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola's style is outrageous, she's a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. 

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

My first review of Lola and the Boy Next Door
My Review:
Man, I had a really great time reading these! Vulcans Are Hot was new to me, but I'd read Lola and the Boy Next Door and I loved it, and I just enjoy Stephanie Perkins writing. I knew I would love these and I did!

Vulcans was really great, I loved being back with Anna and Étienne, seeing them again before they went off to collage. Their conversation about Star Trek was so much fun. It's short, but it's full of their adorable cuteness, and I can't get enough! 

Lola, I've read, but it's been a long time so all I remembered was that she did end up with the boy next door. Just now how she got there. I'd totally forgotten about Max-and now I know that I really don't like him. The way she acted to keep that relationship, how she treated her friends, that wasn't cool! 

But Lola and Cricket? They're both so cute together, and they have their past, and watching all these moments that built up into a relationship, I had such a great time with it all! It's cute and it's funny and it's heartwarming, and I just adore this pair! 

Loved reading these, and I can't wait to finally finish off the series! 

Author: Stephanie Perkins
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #1.5, 2
First Read: March 19th, 2012
Read: March 14th, 16th, 2021
Source: Online, Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books! 
Publisher: Stephanie Perkins, Speak
Published: 2011, September 29th 2011

Vulcans are Hot:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Lola and the Boy Next Door:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!