Saturday, September 18, 2021

Week 37 Review: The Deepest of Secrets

From Goodreads:
It's not always easy to live in the hidden town of Rockton, something Detective Casey Duncan knows firsthand. Tucked away in the Yukon wilderness, the community survives―and thrives―because the residents' many secrets stay just that―secret.

But what happens when these secrets start to come out? Overnight, no one is safe. It's not a question of if your secret will come out―but when.

Casey and her boyfriend, Sheriff Eric Dalton, need to find the culprit while protecting those who have been thrust into the spotlight. For a place built on privacy and new beginnings, Rockton isn't handling these revelations very well. People are turning on one another, and when one of the loudest complainers turns up barely alive, it's clear that their trickster is actually a murderer.

My Review:
This book was incredible! I read it the day that I got approved of it, because I just love her writing and this series! And I'm wondering if this book is the end, because between the events that did happen, and mention on Kelley Armstrong's website about a new mystery series, that could replace this series, or it could fit into a different slot in her publishing schedule. I don't know. But I would love more of this series if possible, because there's so many possibilities! 

The crimes in this book, I'd describe what happens as a someone pushing a domino, and just the chain reaction. Things happen, reactions are had, and things happen to those reactions, and it continues. So it has that going for it to distinguish it from the other books in the series. 

A lot of this plot revolves around the fact that someone knows the truth about why someone else is at Rockton. And we all know by now, there are some nasty secrets, of people behaving horribly, but there's also dangerous ones, as well. So it's a toss up as to who's more violent, the person with the secret, or the person who finds out the secret! 

I'm not sure if this is the end of the series. The way things wrapped up, I don't know if there can be an 8th book, but I would love to see what's going to happen next. Even with a plan, even if things are going to be wildly different, I just don't know. If not a full length book, a novella would be excellent, because I do truly want more! 

Yeah, this book was fantastic, and it's a great ending to the series if it is, but we could also get more, and I'd love more! 

Author: Kelley Armstrong 
Series: Rockton #7
Read: September 16th, 2021
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Minitour Books
Expected Publication: February 15th 2022 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!