Saturday, June 18, 2022

Week 24 Review: Do Not Disturb

Equal parts Dexter and 50 Shades, this is the eagerly awaited follow-up to the daring erotic thriller, The Girl in 6E, by A.R. Torre.

1. Don't leave the apartment.
2. Never let anyone in.
3. Don't kill anyone.

The rules were simple and I broke them.
Now I must face the consequences.
Everyone else must face me.

My Review:
Man, this was a really fantastic read! I've been meaning to read it for so long, and yeah, it was so fantastic! I really enjoyed following Deanna after she's now broken her rules, has left the apartment, started falling in love with Jeremy, and killed that guy in the first book. I just couldn't wait to find out what would happen next!

It was so great to watch her try to balance her old life of being isolated in her apartment, and starting to venture out, to date Jeremy. And yeah, it was tough, she didn't want to kill anyone, she locked herself in for a reason, but there's also a reason to get out and start living again. 

Of course there's more going on then just her inner conflicts. There's also a dude that she rejected and banned from her site, who is now coming after her. Which is bad for him, because of her murderous tendencies, and good for the rest of us, who might not fare as well against him. Really, she's doing humanity a favour! 

One thing that I really enjoyed about this book was that Mike took more of a front stage role in this book. He was of great help in the first one, but it was a minor part. In this one we get to see more of him, and I really enjoyed that! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait to see how it ends! 

Author: A.R. Torre
Series: Deanna Madden #2
Read: June 17th, 2022
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: Redhook
Published: April 21st 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!