Saturday, April 29, 2023

Week 17 Review: A Game of Fate

From Goodreads:
Hades, God of the Underworld, is known for his inflexible rule, luxurious night clubs, and impossible bargains. Use to control, he is not prepared to discover the Fates have chosen his future wife and Queen—Persephone, Goddess of Spring.

Despite her attraction to the god, Persephone, an ambitious journalism student, is determined to expose Hades for his cruel and ruthless ways.

Hades finds himself faced with the impossible—proving his future bride wrong. Despite his efforts, there are forces who wish to keep the two apart and Hades comes to realize he will do anything for his forbidden love, even defy Fate.

My Review:
Oh, I really enjoyed reading this book! I love her writing, and I loved this story from Persephone's perspective, and I was looking forward to seeing what things were like from Hades! He's been around for a long time, and he's used to his position and power, very different from where Persephone is in at A Touch of Darkness! 

It was really interesting to se what Hades was thinking, espcailly with the big moments in their relationship in the period of time this book takes place in. Knowing that things started because of a bet with Aphrodite, but also that the Fates had given her to him to be his Queen...yeah, that puts a different spin on things. 

There was a plot that was just in this book, just for Hades, dealing with a mortal who was doing his level best to disrupt the system, to keep from dying and keeping his organization in line. So it was really great to see Hades deal with that.

I know things are going to get hard for the two of them, this is the only the start of their story. And even though things were rough here, what with his reputation and all, they fell in love, and it was so great-and I can't wait to see what is going to happen next! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait to continue on! And it looks like the timing will work out pretty well for me, with the last books in these series coming out shortly! Yeah! 

Author: Scarlett St. Clair 
Series: Hades Saga #1
Read: April 26th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book in the original series and it's a 2023 Retelling Reading Challenge and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Bloom Books 
Published: September 18 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!