Saturday, July 27, 2024

Week 30 Review: Forestfall

From Goodreads:
Some oaths can never be broken...

The curse that haunted Lakesedge Estate has been broken, but at great cost. Violeta Graceling has sacrificed herself to end the Corruption. To escape death, Leta makes a desperate bargain with the Lord Under, one that sees her living at his side in the land of the dead.

But this world of souls and mist hides many secrets. And when Leta realizes she is still connected to Rowan by a tethering spell, she will risk everything— even her soul— to try and reach him.

Torn between power and love, life and death, Leta struggles to keep hold of her humanity as she falls further and further under the spell of the world Below… and the Lord Under.

My Review:
Yeah, I loved reading this book! The first book was fantastic, and I needed to know what was going to happen next! After the ending with Leta taking in the corruption, and then not being able to purge it, to have to stay in the world Below...I'm glad that I picked this book up pretty soon after reading the first book!

We did get both Leta and Rowan's perspective, which was really interesting, to see how they were both doing, with both of them trying to get her back, and the different difficulties that they were facing. Because of course it wasn't easy! 

We got to explore more of this world, and the powers, and the world Below, and quite a number of events happened, and the status quo was changed. I wasn't sure how they were going to solve things, so she could come back, given that she's inadvertently tied herself closer to the realm below. 

The ending was so satisfying to read. After all that they'd been through, all that was sacrificed, I'm so pleased with how things worked out for them. This story took them places, and it was so great to see, and I loved where it left them! 

This was a fantastic read and I can't wait to read more by Lyndall Clipstone! 

Author: Lyndall Clipstone 
Series: World at the Lake's Edge #2
Read: July 25th, 2024 
Source: Bought 
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book, and it's a End of Series 2024 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2024 Book! 
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Published: September 27th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!