Saturday, November 21, 2020

Week 47 Review: The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue

From Goodreads:
A Life No One Will Remember. A Story You Will Never Forget.

France, 1714: in a moment of desperation, a young woman makes a Faustian bargain to live forever and is cursed to be forgotten by everyone she meets.

Thus begins the extraordinary life of Addie LaRue, and a dazzling adventure that will play out across centuries and continents, across history and art, as a young woman learns how far she will go to leave her mark on the world.

But everything changes when, after nearly 300 years, Addie stumbles across a young man in a hidden bookstore and he remembers her name.

My Review:
This was such a great read! I just loved the concept, and I've really enjoyed V.E. Schwab's books before. But wow, was this a really fantastic one, and I'm so glad that it's getting the hype it deserves from the book community! 

I loved the way that this book was told. We would have a section which would have a theme, like the earliest days of Addie's life, leading up and including when she made the bargain. Then we would have another, with a different theme. We got to see brief snippets of Addie's life, and I loved it. She's had it rough with the curse, but she's also found its loopholes, and she exploits them for all she's got. 

One thing that I really wanted to know was, what happened in New Orleans? I don't remember if we knew when it was, if it was connected to the fact she hadn't seen Luc in 40 years, but yeah, that was just so fantastic to read, it was a pretty important little detail in Addie's story.

That ending though! It's a little heartbreaking, because of what's she's doing for him. On the other, it's a bit triumphant, because she always said she wasn't a rock, and she's proved it, and she'll prove it again. She's so strong, and I can just imagine Luc when he learns the truth. Delicious! 

This was such a great read, and I really need to read the rest of V.E. Schwab's books! 

Author: V.E. Schwab
Read: November 16th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really good! And it's a Historical Fiction 2020 Book, SAC 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Tor Books
Published: September 29th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!