Saturday, July 19, 2014

Week 29 Review: The Loners

From Goodreads:
It was just another ordinary day at McKinley High—until a massive explosion devastated the school. When loner David Thorpe tried to help his English teacher to safety, the teacher convulsed and died right in front of him. And that was just the beginning.

A year later, McKinley has descended into chaos. All the students are infected with a virus that makes them deadly to adults. The school is under military quarantine. The teachers are gone. Violent gangs have formed based on high school social cliques. Without a gang, you're as good as dead. And David has no gang. It's just him and his little brother, Will, against the whole school. 

In this frighteningly dark and captivating novel, Lex Thomas locks readers inside a school where kids don't fight to be popular, they fight to stay alive.

My Review:
This was a good book. I enjoyed it, but I read it in spurts, because it kept losing my attention, it wasn't as entertaining for as other books, and yeah, while I finished it and enjoyed it, I know it's not one that I Car for rereading for.

So yeah, there was conflict between David and Will. Because after the whole quarantine that was placed over the school, they were left to being the lowest of the low, because of Sam, who helped David's girlfriend cheat on David, by being the guy that the girlfriend was with, and yeah, all 3 of them didn't get along at all.

Then there was Lucy, who was once a Pretty Girl, but then because she wouldn't sleep with a Jock, was kicked out, and David killed a Jock to protect her, so that leads to David leading the newly formed gang, the Loners, made of ex-scraps, and yeah, they were a pretty powerful force to be reckoned with!

The ending! With David almost dying because he is passing out of the infected stage, and if he stayed he would die, but they aren't letting anyone out any more, so they found a new way out, and along the way, bad things happened, but David got out, and other infected teens broke in the front door, with weapons and food.

So yeah, the next book will be a little more exciting then this one, so I must read it!

Author: Lex Thomas
Series: Quarantine #1
Read: July 12th, 2014
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book and a 2014 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Egmont USA
Published: July 10th 2012
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!