Sunday, November 1, 2020

Wheel of TBR #23, November 1st

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. On the other hand, for reward, if I go 4 weeks in a row making my TBR, then I have one opportunity double up and to use a book from past wheel picks for a current week, that I can save for whenever I need it. Only until I have no past wheel picks. Once I clear them up, I'll have to think of an another reward. 

Of the books from the last week, I read In the Hall with the Knife by Diana Peterfreund, Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher, and Seasons of the Storm by Elle Cosimano.

Of the books from the monthly picks, I finished off my month picks last week, so I'm good here!

This week I read the past wheel picks of Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson, We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal, so I have 8 past spins left, Sisters of Sword and Song by Rebecca Ross, Twin Daggers by MarcyKate Connolly, The Summer Set by Aimee Agresti, Crownchasers by Rebecca Coffindaffer, Changes in Latitudes by Jen Malone, Ghost Wood Song by Erica Waters, The Falling in Love Montage by Ciara Smyth, Master of One by Jaida Jones and Dani Bennett.

For the rewards, I have 1 reward saved up still, and I have 1/4 needed for the next reward, and I made it to the next reward, so I have 2 rewards saved up.

Prompts Used This Week:
Highest Rated, Retelling, Jax Pick, Readers Also Enjoyed, Short Book, Genre Most Read, ARC-NetGalley, Mixed Reviews, 2nd Chance, A-Z Start Author, My Initials, Number. 

Highest Rated-Blue-Wicked All Night by Jeaniene Frost-This is the highest rated on my TBR shelf.

Retelling-Yellow-The Blood Spell by C.J. Redwine-This book is a retelling of Cinderella.

Jax Pick-Cyan-Lightning Game by Christine Feehan-I gave Jax 3 options, and this is the book that he picked!

Readers Also Enjoyed-Cyan-I picked Every Single Lie by Rachel Vincent as my random book, and from my options, I picked Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson.

Short Book-Green-Rafael by Laurel K. Hamilton-This book is 272 long, 22 pages over, but since I only had ARC's as an option, this is pretty darned close! 

Genre Most Read-Azure-Peace Talks by Jim Butcher-This is in both Fantasy and Urban Fantasy most read, so it definitely fits! 

ARC-NetGalley-Chartreuse-The Ruthless Lady's Guide to Wizardry by C.M. Waggoner-I got this book as an ARC from NetGalley, so it works! 

Mixed Reviews-Red-The Mall by Megan McCafferty-This book has over 100 reviews that are 2 star or less. It does have almost 500 3 star reviews, then over 700 4 or 5 star reviews, so it's pretty mixed! 

2nd Chance-Violet-Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter-I started reading this book, and then put it down. So it's a 2nd chance book! 

A-Z Start Author-Green-N-What You Hide by Natalie D. Richards-Natalie starts with N, so it works! 

My Initials-Orange-Even If We Break by Marieke Nijkamp-The author's first name starts with the same letter as the first letter of my middle name! 

Number-Spring Green-2-27-Everything All At Once by Katrina Leno-This is what was in November, book 27 in that folder. 

Colour Totals:
Red: 1 
Orange: 1
Yellow: 1
Chartreuse: 1
Green: 2
Spring Green: 1
Cyan: 2
Azure: 1
Blue: 1
Violet: 1
Magneta: 0 
Rose: 0

Prompts for Next Week:
Mood Read-Red
Poll Pick-Orange
Sat on Shelf-Yellow
Reading Challenge-Chartreuse
Multi-World Title-Green
Odd Chapters-Spring Green
Variety Prompt-Cyan
More Than 1000 Reviews-Azure
Continue the Series-Blue
WIARW-Violet
Cover Sterotype-Magenta
A-Z Start Title-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!