Saturday, December 26, 2020

Week 52 Review: Love on the Lifts

From Goodreads:
Winter Break super-secret perfect cocoa recipe:

8 oz steamed whole milk
(no skim! doesn't work!)

2 tbsp. dark cocoa powder (big scoops)

1 tbsp. sugar (can't be too sweet)

4 dried, crushed mint leaves
(or 1 tbsp. mint syrup)

Stir thoroughly. Add mint swizzle stick. Combine with cute ski instructor, or brother's cute best friend, or cute guy you never noticed was so cute...Enjoy.

My Review:
Honestly, this was a perfect read for the season. It's cute and fun, and it was just such an easy read, taking place in winter, with some pretty great romances! I loved this story of three friends in a cabin for the holidays, and the adventures that the go on!

I loved reading about the alphabet trio, on their own, with the freedom to do whatever they want, basically. And some of what they get up to is the typical vacation shenanigans. It was just a lot of fun, and just so easy to be a lurker in on their vacation! 

This book was pretty hilarious as times. Like when Kate and Joe joke that he'll have to marry this one lady to find out her actual name. This really was a nice, fun lighthearted book, and given that it does take place over the snowy holidays, was a perfect read for December! 

Brad was not the most likeable of characters. So while I wish that Kate didn't have that crush on him, go to that much effort to try and date him, it made better contrast between him and Joe. Because Joe was the best, and I'm really glad that Kate realized that! 

Really enjoyed this read, it was just a nice cozy read!

Author: Rachel Hawthorne
Read: December 23rd, 2020
Source: Bought 
Reason Why: I enjoy her writing and it sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2020 Book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: December 13th 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!