Friday, February 23, 2024

Book Blogger Hop #333, February 23rd

The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer's permission, Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer relaunched the meme on February 15, 2013. Check out the hop here

Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

The Question of the week is: How do you organize your bookshelves? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Review)

First, I do by type of book, favourite author, mass markets, YA hardcovers, YA paperbacks, Oversized hardcovers, and adult paperbacks. Then I organize alphabetically by publisher. Then I do it alphabetically by author. Then I do by publication date and/or series, so if they have a series and stand alones, those are grouped. Yeah. 

I just recently added a new bookcase to expand my adult paperbacks (I'd had them double shelved) and those are now in order, I was then able to move the random books off of my oversized hardcover shelves to the adult paperbacks so I could add in the oversized hardcovers that I've bought since I set the shelves up. So bookshelf organization has been heavily on my mind these past few days! 

6 comments:

  1. I get the sense you like organizing. :-) I love how detailed you are. From the responses on this topic, it's nice hear someone is more organized than I am. I would never have thought to order books by publisher. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I do. This way I know where to find books, and the only decision I have to make when I move is, does this author, whose books I have in multiple places, come together, or stay separate. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. GREAT organizing. I am sure your books can easily be found.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when they're all on shelves, it's great. It's only when the books overflow the shelves that I run into a problem, but I try to have them in the same order, so if I get more space, I can add them in. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, what a lot of detail in your organization! I know I wouldn't be able to keep up a system like that. It's been so cool to see how different we all are in our bookshelf systems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's sometimes hard to keep up, especially when space becomes tight! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!