Saturday, February 17, 2024

Week 7 Reviews: Questing Beast, A Mere Formality


On a world far far away, where cute things eat computers and the sky is emerald green, a small team of scientists struggles to save the planet and their own careers by mixing genetic engineering and Arthurian legend. Too bad they had forgotten the first rule of planet exploration: Nature always has the last laugh.

From Goodreads:
Warning: this story is one big dirty joke. There is no actual sex, but there is a lot discussion about it. It was written on a dare. Someone told us that we couldn't write a short story around one particular phrase, and we did. So I recommend this for people 18+. Because you know, we wouldn't want to corrupt your minors.

My first review of Questing Beast, A Mere Formality
My Review:
I loved reading these stories again! I wasn't planning on reading them again, but I was reading their blog, and they used Fated Mates as a comparison, which made me want to reread that, and since I've only reviewed these the once, I had to read them first! 

Questing Beast was hilarious, that their whole project was down to a malfunctioning bot, since all their collated data was lost. That this planet that they were learning more about might not get protected if they didn't put in their report...yeah, this was such a fun read! 

These stories are just slightly connected-Sean participated with a peace summit with the Reigh 30 years ago, a recording of which is why they know Lord Nagrad wasn't allergic, which puts them on more even footing for the negotiations, so I loved that though I would love to know if that summit was before or after the time in Questing Beast.

A Mere Formality is so very adult, and so very funny. Since the culture has so many rules, like that they can't hire themselves out as warriors, but they desperately need money to continue on as a culture. Or that they're very much proper, so talking about sex is taboo for them. Yeah, the stalling tactic definitely worked out! 

These were so great again, and I can't wait to reread Fated Mates next! 

Author: Ilona Andrews
Series: Kinsmen #3, Koslov Universe
First Read: August 20th, 20th, 2021
Second Read: September 1st, 1st, 2021
Read: February 12th, 12th, 2024
Source: Online
Reason Why: Love their writing, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2024 Books!
Publisher: NYLA, Ilona Andrews
Published: May 16th, 2010, 2008

Questing Beast:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








A Mere Formality:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!