Saturday, April 4, 2015

Week 14 Review: Ghost Walk

From Goodreads:
This is no dream . . .

Nikki DuMonde's newest employee is standing at the end of her bed at four o'clock in the morning begging for help. It's a joke, right? Besides, as manager of a successful New Orleans haunted-tour company, Nikki doesn't scare easily. But in the light of day, harsh reality sets in as a police officer informs her that Andy was brutally murdered -- at the exact time Nikki swears the distraught woman was in her room.

No one believes her except Brent Blackhawk, a paranormal investigator desperately trying to forget his tragic past. Half Irish, half Lakota -- and able to communicate with the dead -- Brent is used to living in two worlds. But when he realizes the ghost of a slain government agent is also trying to reach out to Nikki, he knows that she, too, must listen to the dead . . . if she wants to keep living.

My Review:
This was a really fantastic book! And I'm making progress in this series! I'm starting on the path to getting to the spin off series! Yeah, because I've been meaning to read The Uninvited for like, forever! So I need to read these to get to that!

First off, I'd like to say, that I wish this book had given some more time to develop things. Like the suspicion between the two detectives, there was only one incident that really had that, so I wish that there'd been more! And at least the weirdness with the one guy was explained-unlike The Presence!

Really enjoyed how the ghosts were in this book, this is the first time that we really got to spend time with them, the first book had glimpses, The Presence didn't really have any talking, and yeah, this one, it had that and more, so that was great!

The mystery was the best part of this book, because yeah, the romance, just oh, yeah, we just met, so now we're going to fall in love just as quickly as we're going to go to bed together, sort of thing. But the mystery was really great!

Favourite lines: "So our fed is dead but snatching purses?" Well, that's very strange! "By the way, Nikki, make sure you're hearing Max correctly. He's telling you to celebrate, not be celibate." Teasing. Group fun! "When I got something, I'll tell you. Right now...just a feeling in my bones. Or...well, hell, where I used to have bones." Yeah. Because ghosts don't have bones!

Enjoyed this book a ton, and yeah, can't wait to read more!

Author: Heather Graham
Series: Harrison Investigation #2
Read: March 31st, 2015
Source: Own
Reason Why: Reading through all her books! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Mira
Published: September 25th 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!