Saturday, April 4, 2015

Week 14 Review: Instinct

From Goodreads:
Zombies, demons, vampires, shapeshifters— another day in the life of Nick Gautier– and those are just his friends. But now that he's accepted the demon that lives inside him, he must learn to control it and temper the very emotions that threaten the lives of everyone he cares for. Something that’s hard to do while trying to stay off the menus of those who want his head on a platter. And no one wants him more than the dark gods who created his race. Now that they know where he is, they will stop at nothing to reclaim him. And without knowing it, Nick has just embraced the one person he should never have trusted. The one person who will hand him over to his enemies to get back the life they lost.

Nick has finally accepted his fate, now he must learn to defy his destiny, and the dark, deadly forces that will stop at nothing to destroy everyone he loves so that they can again return to the world of man and own it. 

My Review:
Loved, loved, loved this book! It's kinda funny, I was looking forward to this book, but then it's release date just passed me by, and then I suddenly remembered it-so I just had to get it, and then read it! And I was just done so quickly, because it was just so short!

Yeah, Nick was really, really awesome in this book! The whole opening with the plague doctors guys, I thought that Nick might have to bust out his demon self, sword and all, but nope, didn't happen, so while I would've loved for more people to respect Nick, well, there's more books to come!

There were just some really fantastic developments! Like, why Nick's mom is so special. But that's a bit confusing, because the book said that both of her biological parents died-but if her dad is who I think he is, he isn't dead! So I'm confused!

And how Zev and Caleb are related, well, yeah, it confuses me. But that might be because I'm confusing the parents of another character. Who is kinda important, because he's the one that told the Arcadian king about how to create the Were-Hunters, basically, the magic and stuff.

So I just recently read Dark Bites, which had a novella about how Kody's parents met for the first time. And how Caleb was there. So I forget now, if Caleb knows who Kody is? This is the evilness of series-that they're published so far apart, that I've read so many other books between, that I forget what happened in the books!

We also got to meet those two other guys, that were mentioned in Time Untime, and the end of Styxx, which was pretty cool, though it lead to some not so nice stuff fors Nick! And yeah that Nick was able to choose who his leaders of the armies were! Which is great, since Livia was the one that betrayed him that was mentioned in the synopsis!

Favourite lines: The whole book!

Totally a great instalment to this series, and yeah, I can't wait for more!

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Series: Chronicles of Nick #6
Read: April 2nd, 2015
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love this series, love her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Published: March 31st 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!