Saturday, January 23, 2016

Week 4 Reviews: The Abandoned, The Restorer, The Kingdom, The Prophet, The Visitor





From Goodreads:
Every cemetery has a story. Every grave, its secrets. Enter the world of Amanda Stevens's Graveyard Queen series--where forbidden passion and secrets from the past are as restless as the ghosts--in the series prequel novella, The Abandoned.

There are rules for dealing with ghosts. Too bad Ree Hutchins doesn't know them.

When her favorite patient at a private mental hospital passes away, psychology student Ree Hutchins mourns the elderly woman's death. But more unsettling is her growing suspicion that something unnatural is shadowing her.

Amateur ghost hunter Hayden Priest believes Ree is being haunted. Even Amelia Gray, known in Charleston as he Graveyard Queen, senses a gathering darkness. Driven by a force she doesn't understand, Ree is compelled to uncover an old secret and put abandoned souls to rest--before she is locked away forever....

Look for the other books in The Graveyard Queen series: The Restorer, The Kingdom and The Prophet, available now. 

From Goodreads:
Amelia Gray has always been aware of ghosts, and now she travels all over the South cleaning up forgotten or abandoned graveyards. When an enigmatic yet haunted police detective asks for her help to trap a serial killer, their growing attraction constitutes the very gravest of threats.

From Goodreads:
Deep in the shadowy foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains lies a dying town…My name is Amelia Gray. They call me The Graveyard Queen. I've been commissioned to restore an old cemetery in Asher Falls, South Carolina, but I'm coming to think I have another purpose here.

Why is there a cemetery at the bottom of Bell Lake? Why am I drawn time and again to a hidden grave I've discovered in the woods? Something is eating away at the soul of this town—this withering kingdom—and it will only be restored if I can uncover the truth.

From Goodreads:
My name is Amelia Gray.

I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I've broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.

In order to protect myself, I've vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side of Charleston—where witchcraft, root doctors and black magic still flourish—and back to John Devlin, a haunted police detective I should only love from afar.

Now I'm faced with a terrible choice: follow the rules or follow my heart.

From Goodreads:
My name is Amelia Gray. I'm the Graveyard Queen.

Restoring lost and abandoned cemeteries is my profession, but I'm starting to believe that my true calling is deciphering the riddles of the dead. Legend has it that Kroll Cemetery is a puzzle no one has ever been able to solve. For over half a century, the answer has remained hidden within the strange headstone inscriptions and intricate engravings. Because uncovering the mystery of that tiny, remote graveyard may come at a terrible price.

Years after their mass death, Ezra Kroll's disciples lie unquiet, their tormented souls trapped within the walls of Kroll Cemetery, waiting to be released by someone strong and clever enough to solve the puzzle. For whatever reason, I'm being summoned to that graveyard by both the living and the dead. Every lead I follow, every clue I unravel brings me closer to an unlikely killer and to a destiny that will threaten my sanity and a future with my love, John Devlin.

My first review of The Restorer, The Kingdom, The Prophet
My Review:
Yes! We have a new Graveyard Queen book! Which of course meant that I had to reread the series, since it's been so long since I read it! And it was just as enjoyable as it was the first time, if not more, reading it all together!

I just love the world in these books! The dark world of ghosts has slowly been getting darker-The Kingdom was definitely darker. The Prophet was about the same darkness, but The Visitor, oh, wow, that was dark!

Loved the mysteries in these books! I had some memory of what happened, but it wasn't full memory, it was more like a feeling of deja vu reading them again! So many twists and turns! Adding in the paranormal just added that extra oomph of horror!

The relationship between Amelia and Devlin and her ability of interacting with ghosts and how she started to break the rules were pretty linked. Her feelings for affected her judgement, and we didn't see the consequences until The Visitor. I still think she did the right thing!

Loved these books so much, they were so enjoyable, and I can't wait for the next book!

Author: Amanda Stevens
Series: Graveyard Queen #0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4
First Read: April 29th-30th, 2012, August 11th, 2012, August 21st, 2012
Read: January 16th, 19th, 21st, 22nd, 22nd, 2016
Source: Tuebl, Own, NetGalley
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Books!
Publisher: Mira Books, Mira
Published: April 1st 2011, April 19th 2012, March 27th 2012, April 24th 2012
Expected Publication: March 29th 2016

The Abandoned:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









The Restorer:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









The Kingdom:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









The Prophet:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









The Visitor:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!