Saturday, August 25, 2012

Week 34 Review: The Prophet

From Goodreads:
My name is Amelia Gray.

I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I've broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.

In order to protect myself, I've vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side of Charleston—where witchcraft, root doctors and black magic still flourish—and back to John Devlin, a haunted police detective I should only love from afar.

Now I'm faced with a terrible choice: follow the rules or follow my heart.

My Review:
Man, what a wonderful book! And while it could be the end of the series, it's not, though I'm pretty sure that we're in for a wait, seeing that I'm writing this review around 3 years later, and the 4th book hasn't come out yet, but it's not because we're not going to get it, it's because of personal things in Amanda Stevens' life.

So Amelia's choice is a hard one. Take the easy, known path, or take the harder, uncertain path. Known rules with her head, or possible future with her heart. And with some compounding issues, what with Devlin's dead wife is around, complicating the issue!

But I enjoyed how it all played out, it was really great, and the characters made the best choices available to them, and just proved that reading about them is a great use of time! I just enjoyed reading this book-and this series-so much!

So apparently this is the "lighter" trilogy, that the next one will be darker. And I almost can't see it, because this one was pretty dark! But it can be darker, because while this one was dark, it wasn't all the way dark, so yeah, can't wait for that!

I enjoyed this book so much, and these characters, and more, more, more!

Author: Amanda Stevens
Series: Graveyard Queen #3
Read: August 21st, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Enjoyed the first 2 books of the series, and her other books!
Publisher: Mira
Published: April 24th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!