Saturday, November 4, 2017

Week 44 Review: The Upside of Unrequited

From Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Molly Peskin-Suso knows all about unrequited love. No matter how many times her twin sister, Cassie, tells her to woman up, Molly can't stomach the idea of rejection. So she's careful. Fat girls always have to be careful.

Then a cute new girl enters Cassie's orbit, and for the first time ever, Molly's cynical twin is a lovesick mess. Meanwhile, Molly's totally not dying of loneliness—except for the part where she is. Luckily, Cassie's new girlfriend comes with a cute hipster-boy sidekick. If Molly can win him over, she'll get her first kiss and she'll get her twin back. 

There's only one problem: Molly's coworker, Reid. He's a chubby Tolkien superfan with a season pass to the Ren Faire, and there's absolutely no way Molly could fall for him. 

Right? 

My Review:
This book was so great! I really enjoyed her first book (and I'm really excited for the movie) so I knew that this book had a lot of potential, and yeah, it totally lived up to it! I loved the relationship that Molly had with Cassie, with Reid, and others! They were so great to read about!

I could empathize with Molly, I'm overweight, and I totally understand being careful. There's that possibility that you'll be mocked, and the potential pain of that, well, who wants pain? But it's a part of life, because otherwise, how could you appreciate the good things?

In a lot of ways, this story was very playful. I mean, her twin sister's girlfriend's best friend as a romantic interest? And then this other random dude? Yeah, that was a lot of fun, and also sweet, so I really enjoyed that!

There were a lot of ups and downs, though. Because Cassie is all in with her new romantic relationship, and Molly feels left out, which sucks, and also damages their relationship. And then there was the romantic stuff, and I really enjoyed how that all worked out!

This book was a really fun read, and I really enjoyed it!


Author: Becky Albertalli
Read: November 1st, 2017
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Loved her first book, and it's a SAC 2017 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Published: April 11th 2017
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!