Saturday, August 4, 2018

Week 31 Review: Lake Silence

From Goodreads:
In this thrilling and suspenseful fantasy, set in the world of the New York Times bestselling Others series, Vicki DeVine and her lodger, the shapeshifter Aggie Crowe, stumble onto a dead body . . . and find themselves enmeshed in danger and dark secrets.

Human laws do not apply in the territory controlled by the Others–vampires, shapeshifters, and paranormal beings even more deadly. And this is a fact that humans should never, ever forget . . . 

After her divorce, Vicki DeVine took over a rustic resort near Lake Silence, in a human town that is not human controlled. Towns like Vicki's have no distance from the Others, the dominant predators that rule most of the land and all of the water throughout the world. And when a place has no boundaries, you never really know what's out there watching you.

Vicki was hoping to find a new career and a new life. But when her lodger, Aggie Crowe–one of the shapeshifting Others–discovers a dead body, Vicki finds trouble instead. The detectives want to pin the man's death on her, despite the evidence that nothing human could have killed the victim. As Vicki and her friends search for answers, things get dangerous–and it'll take everything they have to stay alive.

My first review of Lake Silence
My Review:
I just had to read this book again! I wanted to do it earlier, but I kept pushing myself to read it further down the line, because reading a book too soon after reading it previously, yeah, that just kinda spoils the book, makes it too familiar, you know? But this book, I wanted to read it so badly and intensely, that I had to read it again! It's just a pleasure to read it!

This time, I did pick up on some flaws, things that annoyed me. Like how many times "crap" was used because yeah, a cuss word was needed, but I wish there was a bit of variety. Or how the tie clip club  which was just a holder name used by the good guys was actually named that. I still enjoyed reading this book!

The first time reading this book, I kinda leaned on a romantic relationship between Vicki and Grimshaw sometime in the future, but this time, I caught hints that it might be Vicki and Julian with a romantic relationship in the future. I hope we get to see in some book in the future!

The thing that is different about this book from the previous ones besides a new cast of characters, is that there's more human narrating characters, and only two Other narrating characters. And the human characters had more chapters and longer chapters, at least Vicki did.

Loved reading this book, it was just so great, and yeah, can't wait for Wild Country!

Author: Anne Bishop
Series: The Others #6
First Read: March 6th, 2018
Read: July 28th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Ace
Published: March 6th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. I think I've read this one at least 5 times since I first read the review copy. I love the whole Others series and also can't wait for Wild Country. I've already ordered the Kindle copy at Amazon.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!