Saturday, August 18, 2018

Week 33 Review: Damsel

From Goodreads:
The rite has existed for as long as anyone can remember: when the prince-who-will-be-king comes of age, he must venture out into the gray lands, slay a fierce dragon, and rescue a damsel to be his bride. This is the way things have always been.

When Ama wakes in the arms of Prince Emory, however, she knows none of this. She has no memory of what came before she was captured by the dragon, or what horrors she has faced in its lair. She knows only this handsome prince, the story he tells of her rescue, and her destiny to sit on the throne beside him. Ama comes with Emory back to the kingdom of Harding, hailed as the new princess, welcomed to the court.

However, as soon as her first night falls, she begins to realize that not all is as it seems, that there is more to the legends of the dragons and the damsels than anyone knows–and that the greatest threats to her life may not be behind her, but here, in front of her.

My Review:
This book was absolutely amazing to read! It was dark and emotional and a thrilling ride without any real action besides the beginning, facing off against the dragon. This book was more of a psychological mystery, so creepy and amazing! I loved reading it!

Having read the synopsis, you know that something is off about this whole thing. And there's the second chapter of the second part, I believe, of her having a dream, and it was pretty strange, and gave some hints to the mystery, which was so great to read!

I did not like this world! It was so backwards, where women were little more then pets, not actual human beings, and it was so frustrating to read! There was a running theme of training animals, and from various interactions, made pretty clear that they were training her. Which was just awful!

In the end, I do have a few questions. Like how did this all start? Why did the process actually work? One little change and it wouldn't work. And what's going to happen now? I mean, it just ended, and I would've liked to have had a longer ending. Both for answers, and for a "ha ha, there!" moment,  you know? Ama deserved it, after all she went through!

This book was atmospheric and so enticing to read! I just had to read it, and I enjoyed it so much!

Author: Elana K. Arnold
Read: August 16th, 2018
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Expected Publication: October 2nd 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!