Saturday, June 29, 2019

Week 26 Review: The Reckoning of Noah Shaw

From Goodreads:
Noah Shaw confesses all in this second novel of a chilling new companion series to Michelle Hodkin's New York Times bestselling Mara Dyer trilogy!

Noah Shaw doesn't think he needs his father's inheritance.
He does.

Noah believes there's something off about the suicides in his visions.
There is.

Noah is convinced that he still knows the real Mara Dyer.
He does not. 

Everyone thought the nightmare had ended with Mara Dyer's memoirs, but it was only the beginning. As old skeletons are laid bare, alliances will be tested, hearts will be broken, and no one will be left unscarred. 

My Review:
Man, this book was so freaking good! I wanted to read it sooner, and I started it, multiple times. But Noah was in a strange head space after separating with Mara and that was edging onto one of my buttons, that when I was pulled from this book, I didn't go back. But I got over myself and started reading this book and I just couldn't stop!

I think some of the most fascinating parts of this book was Noah's memory at the mental hospital in the 2nd Mara book, and the memories of Noah's ancestor, the one who found Mara's grandmother, M, all those years ago.

The bigger picture is slowly coming into focus in this book, with the professor and what's going on in this world. And Noah's interesting with M are a big part of that, because she's definitely a bit part of that picture!

That ending was just absolutely evil! We got some answers, but some just seem just outside our grip. And yeah, it just ended like that, and I need to know what's going to be the fallout of what happened, and what's going to happen from here! I need to know!

Loved this book so much, and I'm so exciting for the 3rd book!

Author: Michelle Hodkin
Series: The Shaw Confessions #2
Read: June 24th, 2019
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: November 13th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!