Saturday, February 11, 2023

Week 6 Review: Graduation Day

From Goodreads:
In a scarred and brutal future, The United Commonwealth teeters on the brink of all-out civil war. The rebel resistance plots against a government that rules with cruelty and cunning. Gifted student and Testing survivor Cia Vale vows to fight. But she can't do it alone. This is the chance to lead that Cia has trained for - but who will follow? Plunging through layers of danger and deception, Cia must risk the lives of those she loves - and gamble on the loyalty of her lethal classmates.

My Review:
This was such a great read! For some reason, I thought I'd already read it, around the time when I read book 2. But apparently not! I'm glad to have finally finished out this series, though, because I had such a great time! 

The whole reason for the Testing is o that the students who graduate, and become leaders, are able to make the hard choices. That if leaders in the past had been able to, then the seven stages wouldn't have happened. But having watched Cia and her friends go through it and the aftermath, they really need to find a better way to do it, really has been my main takeaway from the series! 

The last book had an evil ending with that reveal. Andt his book picks right after, which I'm so glad! And Cia makes the right choice, to hand off responsibility to someone in charge. Who promptly puts it back in her hands. I felt so badly for her!

Oh, but that ending though? That revealed information? Yeah, that puts a different perspective on things. I'm glad that Cia chose what she did (all the choices that she made, really) because she's going to be an asset for the future, to make a better one! 

This was such a great read, and I can't wait to ead more by Joelle Charbonneau! 

Author: Joelle Charbonneau
Series: The Testing #3
Read: February 4th, 2023
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a 2023 Dystopia Book, End of Series 2023 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book, WoW Book and a WTC Book! 
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Published: June 17th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!