Monday, February 6, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #609, February 6th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!
What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #608
Teaser Tuesday #616
WWW Wednesday #616
WOW #612
Will the Time Come #609
Third Sentence Thursday #599
Random Reads #585
First Lines Friday #612
Book Blogger Hop #278
Monthly Series February Round Up
The Reward Challenge Update #594
Wheel of TBR #141
How Well I Stuck to It #446
Wrote that Review Update #443

Week 5 Reviews:
Wolfsbane

Random:
Book Battle February 2023 TBR

OK, so I got 24 posts in 7 days, it was a quiet week, the last I had the doggies, I picked up my parents from the airport on the weekend. But I'm excited for this week, there's some really amazing books coing out! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read Encore in Death and Radiant Sin.

It was a glittering event full of A-listers, hosted by Eliza Lane and Brant Fitzhugh, a celebrity couple who’d conquered both Hollywood and Broadway. And now Eve Dallas has made her entrance—but not as a guest. After raising a toast, Fitzhugh fell to the floor and died, with physical symptoms pointing to cyanide, and the police have crashed the party.

From all accounts, he wasn’t the kind of star who made enemies. Everyone loved him—even his ex-wife. And since the champagne cocktail that killed him was originally intended for Eliza, it’s possible she was the real target, with a recently fired assistant, a bitter rival, and an obsessed fan in the picture. With so many attendees, staff, and servers, Eve has her work cut out determining who committed murder in the middle of the crowd—and what was their motivation. As one who’s not fond of the spotlight herself, she dreads the media circus surrounding a case like this. All she wants is to figure out who’s truly innocent, and who’s only acting that way…
There's nowhere more dangerous than Olympus...and no one more captivating than its golden god: Apollo. Keeper of secrets, master of his shining realm...and the only man I am powerless to deny.

*A scorchingly hot modern retelling of Apollo and Cassandra that's as sinful as it is sweet.*

As a disgraced member of a fallen house, Cassandra Gataki has seen firsthand what comes from trusting the venomous Thirteen. But when the maddeningly gorgeous and kind Apollo asks her to go undercover as his plus-one at a week-long party hosted by a dangerous new power player...Cassandra reluctantly agrees to have his back.

On one condition: when it's all over, and Apollo has the ammunition he needs to protect Olympus, she and her sister will be allowed to leave. For good.

Apollo may be the city's official spymaster, but it's his ability to inspire others that keeps him at the top. Despite what the rest of Olympus says, there's no one he trusts more than Cassandra. Yet even as their fake relationship takes a wicked turn for the scaldingly hot, a very real danger surfaces... threatening not only Cassandra and Apollo, but the very heart of Olympus itself.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Encore in Death! I can't wait until it downloads to my Kindle. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm really excited for it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Radiant Sin looks interesting. I hope you enjoy your books!

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently reading it, and it's a great book in this series! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!