Saturday, February 11, 2023

Week 6 Reviews: Only Human, File No. 2491


From Goodreads:
In her childhood, Rose Franklin accidentally discovered a giant metal hand buried beneath the ground outside Deadwood, South Dakota. As an adult, Dr. Rose Franklin led the team that uncovered the rest of the body parts which together form Themis: a powerful robot of mysterious alien origin. She, along with linguist Vincent, pilot Kara, and the unnamed Interviewer, protected the Earth from geopolitical conflict and alien invasion alike. Now, after nearly ten years on another world, Rose returns to find her old alliances forfeit and the planet in shambles. And she must pick up the pieces of the Earth Defense Corps as her own friends turn against each other.

From Goodreads:
From the author's website:

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ BEFORE FINISHING THE SERIES!

My Review:
Oh yeah, I loved reading these so much! I've really just devoured this series, it's been so unique and entertaining! And I'm again so happy that I read the full lenth book in audio. I just kinda wish that the extra files had been in audio, as well. Especially this last one!

I knew from the one file and the synopsis of Only Human that things had changed. But I didn't realize just how much, or why. But the fact that they got the robot that Rose shut down to work again...there's a reason why the aliens intended on leaving a communication device and not Themis behind. 

Let me just say, that the threats that Vincent issued right at the end? That was so badass and just a bit scary! Like just line after line of violence! He's a dad protecting his daughter, and he's a linguist, so he's good with language. So that was so great! 

File No, 2491 was such a blast! It was short and sweet and gave us a look at what was going on that was of interest to us. And oh, that last line? Man, that was so fantastic! And I'm wondering-was Bob's friend of a friend, him? Please let it be so! And I really wouldn't mind a 4th book! 

I loved reading these so much, and I can't wait to read more by Sylvain Neuvel! 

Author: Sylvain Neuvel
Series: Themis Files #3, 3.5
Read: February 6th, 6th, 2023
Source: Library, Free
Reason Why: Loved the first two books in the series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Books, and Only Human is a End of Series 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Penguin Random House Audio Publishing Group, Sylvain Neuvel
Published: May 1st 2018, January 1st 2019

Only Human:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








File No. 2491:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!