Saturday, March 16, 2024

Week 11 Review: Come Find Me

From Goodreads:
After surviving an infamous family tragedy, sixteen-year-old Kennedy Jones has made it her mission to keep her brother's search through the cosmos alive. But then something disturbs the frequency on his radio telescope--a pattern registering where no signal should transmit.

In a neighboring county, seventeen-year-old Nolan Chandler is determined to find out what really happened to his brother, who disappeared the day after Nolan had an eerie premonition. There hasn't been a single lead for two years, until Nolan picks up an odd signal--a pattern coming from his brother's bedroom.

Drawn together by these strange signals--and their family tragedies--Kennedy and Nolan search for the origin of the mysterious frequency. But the more they uncover, the more they believe that everything's connected--even their pasts--as it appears the signal is meant for them alone, sharing a message that only they can understand. Is something coming for them? Or is the frequency warning them about something that's already here?

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I've loved all that I've read from Megan Miranda, but I'm pretty sure she's moved away from YA books to adult mysteries, so I only have one or two of these left to read for the first time. And I really enjoyed this story! 

Both Kennedy and Nolan have been through tragedies, for Kennedy, something bad happened not too long ago. And Nolan's bother has been missing for years now. That this signal pattern brings them together, that's a good thing!

In the beginning, I made an assumption about what her family tragedy was. And it wasn't what I thought it was. It's fully explained about a quarter into the book, and was a very interesting reveal, because I really wasn't expecting that!

The twists and turns that their investigation brings, into the signal, and into their respective family cases, worked really well, as well as the alternating perspective of the two of them, and really brought this story together! Loved how it wrapped up with everything! 

This was a fantastic read and I can't wait to read more by Megan Miranda! 

Author: Megan Miranda
Read: March 9th, 2024
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2024 Book and a WTC Book!  
Publisher: Crown Books for Young Readers
Published: January 29th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
ir0gh.ty
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!