Saturday, August 31, 2024

Week 35 Review: Never Fall for a Dragon

From Goodreads:
I'm trapped in a cabin with a gorgeous dragon shifter.

Granted, I was the one who accidentally ignited his heat, an intense mating process.

So, it's kind of my fault. Whoops.

If we can resist sealing the bond by avoiding, uh, sealing the deal, we'll both be free to go.

If we can't, we'll be stuck together.

Forever.

Which wouldn't be that bad, if he wasn't about to be thrown in jail for doing some illegal crap to protect his sister.

But he is.

And if we become mates?

We'll both be forced into prison.

So I have to resist throwing myself at the gigantic dragon that my body is literally burning for… no matter how much I want him.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic book! The synopsis sounded really entertaining, and oh, it was, I had a blast listening to this audiobook-and given that it's under 7 hours, means that it was a quick listen, and I adored every minute of it, I really enjoyed getting to know Elody and August! 

I didn't know going in, that this was a spin off series. So I do think that I'm going to have to go back and read the previous books in this world, so I have a broader understanding of the world and these characters! Because oh, I had a great time reading this book and I want more!

I recently saw a video by Elizabeth Wheatley, about fantasy age gaps, and it's about the fantasy of a man who can take care of himself. And that idea is the fantasy in this relationship, that he's hot, rich, and he cooks and cleans-and wants to give foot rubs? What of that doesn't sound great? 

Reading about these two dealing with heat-trying to reject trying to be mates, because he's going to prison for 6 months shortly, yeah, loved getting to know them as characters, and the world. They were a team, and I enjoyed watching them work together! 

Loved reading this book and I can't wait to read more, to see these Dragons who don't want to find mates, fall in love! 

Author: Lola Glass
Series: Mate Mountain #1
Read: August 25th, 2024 
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2024 Book! 
Publisher: Dreamscape Media
Published: August 6th 2024
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!