Saturday, April 18, 2015

Week 16 Review: Pleasure Unbound

From Goodreads:
In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life . . . 

She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life. 

Two lovers will dare to risk all.

Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul . . .

My Review:
This was a really awesome book! It introduced us to a world that I know I want to visit again, and so glad that it's a series so we'll be able to! Which is really fantastic, and I can't wait for that, because I enjoyed this book so much!

So I will say, that the beginning 5 or so pages, it was a bit confusing, by the way things were written, who was speaking or thinking of, and of whom they were, it made for some flipping of digital pages before things clicked and made sense, and the book just flew by!

So that Tayla's dad is the one who tormented, raped, and killed her mom, that sucks. But makes it worse because she has his DNA, and because of what species of demon Eidolon is, well, yeah. That makes things a bit complicated. And then there's her sister, which was pretty cool!

I agree with Eidolon's brother, that Tayla and Eidolon got it on in a zoo while there were still fights to be fought, was just kinda weird. I mean, couldn't it wait just a little bit until the fighting was done? But I guess it's kinda an important thing, seeing as they'll be bonded for 600 years!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was really great! Now to read more of the series!

Author: Larissa Ione
Series: Demonica #1
Read: April 12th, 2015
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a RR Book!
Publisher: Forever
Published: July 1st 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!