Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Trial by Fire: Review

From Goodreads:
Bryn's hopes for a peaceful new semester at school go up in smoke when someone tries to kill her—again. She's not sure which is scarier, facing the radicals who want to sacrifice her for their cause, or her impending nightmare-of-a-Directorate-arranged marriage to her nemesis, Jaxon.

The one bright spot in her life is Valmont, her smoking-hot knight who is assigned to watch over her twenty-four hours a day. Is what she feels for him real, or just a side effect of the dragon-knight bond? At this point, stopping the impending civil war might be easier than figuring out her love life.

My Review:
Wow, another fantastic book in this series! I enjoyed reading it so, so much, and it was just so great! I've loved the world, the characters, and the writing from the beginning, and this was just another level up! This series just keeps getting better and better!

There was such a cliffhanger ending for Bridges Burned, and this book, I'm a bit conflicted on how I feel about how this book dealt with it. On one hand, I wanted more, and on the other, it might lead to a bad place! Or maybe not!

The arranged marriage to Jaxon is still set to happen, and that really sucks, what with him being her nemesis, and Valmont, and the Dragon-Knight bond. Such a complicated love life, on top of the whole impending civil war thing!

Loved how things ended, this series isn't done yet, and we get more time at school, and we get more time with these characters, and it's going to be so great! The way things developed in this book, I want to see where they're going to go in future books!

Loved this book so much! I just can't wait for the next book!

Author: Chris Cannon
Series: Going Down in Flames #3
Read: April 5th, 2016
Source: YA Bound Review Book
Reason Why: Love this series! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published: April 4th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars
Bio:
Chris Cannon lives in Southern Illinois with her husband and her three dogs, Pete the shih tzu who sleeps on her desk while she writes, Molly the ever-shedding yellow lab, and Tyson the sandwich-stealing German Shepherd Beagle. She believes coffee is the Elixir of Life. Most evenings after work, you can find her sucking down caffeine and writing fire-breathing paranormal adventures or romantic comedies.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!