Saturday, April 4, 2020

Week 14 Review: Breaking and Entering 101

From Goodreads:
Since Jamie and Henri agreed to be Kingsmen consultants, they'd not had much call to actually consult. Which is a fortuitous thing, as Henri is up to his neck in labwork and interviews for a new Magical Examiner due to Sanderson's departing. He is hardly in any position to add more tasks onto his shoulders.

Which, naturally, means two disasters strike at once.

In a brilliant coup, a group of thieves have struck the railroad and stolen a breathtaking three hundred thousand crowns in gold. No one has any idea how, who, or where the ingots have gotten to. The Kingsmen on the case are baffled, as this is hardly their normal purview. They naturally reach out to their Kingsmen consultants, which mean Jamie and Henri are now on the week-old case.

To spice things up further, someone is routinely sneaking through the palace wards and lurking about the grounds, and no one has any idea how the breach is occurring. Seaton's beside himself trying to figure it out and Henri has been drawn in to assist him.

As Jamie would say: When it rains, it pours. 

My Review:
Oh, yeah, it was so fantastic to read this book! I love this series and these characters so much, and I enjoy Honor Raconteur's writing and worlds equally! This was another fun romp with some interesting developments!

So we do have two cases in this book. Well, two things that they're mainly working on. One is the heist, which is pretty impossible to do. As is figuring out if they had insider help or not. Plus there was a throwback to their first case!

Secondly, there was the wards around the palace, and how they were being breached by a boy who is basically just waltzing right in, and driving Seaton and Henri out of their minds, trying to fix this security problem. And Jamie had some clever ideas there, and there was one that I was hoping she'd think of, and she did, and it immediately became helpful! Yeah!

I knew that girls night was a thing, because it was part of the release party, as was corrupted queen. But I didn't know how they'd fit into the story, and how intertwined they were! So that was a lot of fun to read, because I was looking for them!

This was another wonderful read, I enjoyed it so much, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Honor Raconteur
Series: The Case Files of Henri Davenforth #4
Read: March 29th, 2020
Source: Won
Reason Why: Love this series so much, and her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Raconteur House
Published: March 20th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!