Saturday, April 4, 2020

Week 14 Review: The Final Deception

From Goodreads:
How do you confront a threat that is hiding in plain sight? FBI agent Craig Frasier and psychologist Kieran Finnegan hunt an escaped serial killer in the latest explosive thriller in the New York Confidential series.

It was one of Kieran's most chilling cases: her assessment of a murderer known as the Fireman. There was no doubt that the man needed to be locked away. Now Craig is called to a gruesome crime scene that matches the killer's methods, and news breaks that the Fireman has escaped prison.

Amid a citywide manhunt, Kieran and Craig need to untangle a web of deceit, privilege and greed. They suspect that those closest to the killer have been drawn into his evil, or else someone is using another man's madness and cruelty to disguise their crimes.

When their investigation brings the danger right to the doorstep of Finnegan's Pub, Kieran and Craig will have to be smarter and bolder than ever before, because this time it's personal, and they have everything to lose.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book! It's the conclusion to Kieran and Craig's story. And compared to her recent books, having 5 books about 1 couple is pretty long! I enjoyed all this time with them, and I'm glad that they're going to have a happy ending now!

This mystery was pretty intriguing. I mean, Kieran interviewed the dude just before he escapes, and while he may or may not be committing the current crimes, well, he more than did the ones that got him arrested. So catching him was a priority. Plus there was investigating who had committed the crimes that happened shortly after he broke out, if it was him or not.

A subplot was Kieran and Craig's relationship. They're pretty steady after all this time, and the conversation has turned to when they'll get married. Craig does worry about Kieran's safety, since she does do a bit of investigating, but they're a stable couple and I really enjoyed them together!

All in all, this was a really great send off for these characters, I'm glad how the mystery worked out, it was surprising and yet made total sense. They were left in a good spot, I'm glad that they had that joy, and it was a really great read!

This was a really enjoyable book and I'm so glad that I read it!

Author: Heather Graham
Series: New York Confidential #5
Read: March 29th, 2020
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: I love her writing and this series, and it's a End of Series 2020 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Mira
Published: March 31st 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!