Saturday, October 24, 2020

Week 43 Review: Five Total Strangers

From Goodreads:
A hitched ride home in a snow storm turns sinister when one of the passengers is plotting for the ride to end in disaster.

When Mira flies home to spend Christmas with her mother in Pittsburgh, a record-breaking blizzard results in a cancelled layover. Desperate to get to her grief-ridden mother in the wake of a family death, Mira hitches a ride with a group of friendly college kids who were on her initial flight.

As the drive progresses and weather conditions become more treacherous, Mira realizes that the four other passengers she's stuck in the car with don't actually know one another.

Soon, they're not just dealing with heavy snowfall and ice-slick roads, but the fact that somebody will stop at nothing to ensure their trip ends in a deadly disaster.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I've really enjoyed Natalie D. Richards books before, so I was excited to read this one, and it was pretty intense, and I loved it! I loved Mira's story of just trying to get home for Christmas-but a serious of events making that less and less likely.

There was a bit of a dichotomy in this book, because there's the whole Christmas spirit where things are light and joyful. But then there's the, trying to get home in a very bad storm, and things keep getting worse, and it's intense in a bad way for the characters, but great for us readers!

We did get these letters that were written by some unknown character to Mira-but they were pretty creepy. We to got to see this "relationship" develop, from when they first meet, to right before this book starts, and it just added so much tension to the story! 

Between the storm, the accident, the gas station incident, and someone stealing their stuff, tensions continually mount in the car. And it all builds up, and I loved how it ended! I mean, there were a limited number of suspects, and there had been a moment or two when I suspected him, but wow, I didn't expect that ending! It was fantastic! 

Loved reading this book, I just really enjoy Natalie D. Richard's mysteries!  

Author: Natalie D. Richards
Read: October 21st, 2020
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I enjoy her writing, it sounded good, and it's a SAC 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: October 6th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!