Saturday, October 31, 2020

Week 44 Review: Sherwood

From Goodreads:
Robin of Locksley is dead.

Maid Marian doesn't know how she'll go on, but the people of Locksley town, persecuted by the Sheriff of Nottingham, need a protector. And the dreadful Guy of Gisborne, the Sheriff's right hand, wishes to step into Robin's shoes as Lord of Locksley and Marian's fiancé.

Who is there to stop them?

Marian never meant to tread in Robin's footsteps—never intended to stand as a beacon of hope to those awaiting his triumphant return. But with a sweep of his green cloak and the flash of her sword, Marian makes the choice to become her own hero: Robin Hood.

My Review:
This was such a great book! I loved but hurt at the idea of this retelling-that Robin did die in the Crusade, and was never Robin Hood. But that Marian takes up that roll. It was fantastic to read, I really enjoyed being in her head! And her relationship with Guy, I loved all the ups and downs it had! 

Marian was a fantastic character to read about, there's the grief for Robin, her fiancé and dear friend. And then she sees the troubles that her and Robin's people are going through, and through a string of events winds up creating a role of Robin Hood, the tale we know and love. So that was great to read!  

We did get this little interludes where we would be in Robin's head, of moments from his and Marian's childhood. We saw him falling in love, and her have a really strong friendship bond. I wasn't sure why we were getting this, if it turned out that Robin was really alive or something. But they were really great to read! 

I really enjoyed how it ended. I loved how there were all this reveals, one after the other to confuse the spectators, and make them wonder what the heck was going on. My modern mind was like, hey, you're not seeing Marian, Guy, and Robin at the same time, they're passing off who is Robin and it was pretty hilarious! I just really enjoyed how it ended! 

This was a really great book, and I can't wait to read more by Meagan Spooner! I still have her first books to read, so that's on the table! 

Author: Meagan Spooner
Read: October 24th, 2020
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really good, and it's a 2020 Retelling Reading Challenge, Historical Fiction 2020 Book, SAC 2020 Book, WoW Book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: March 19th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!